If you thought Kratom was good, wait till you try Kratom resin.
This special resin product is quickly growing in popularity. If you’re been wondering about:
- How to make it
- How to take it
…then this is probably the article for you.
Keep reading to learn more about what Kratom resin is, what it does, and how you can make it yourself!
Kratom is a specific species of tropical evergreen tree (Mitragyna speciosa) that grows in Southeast Asia.
While all Kratom products are produced from this single species, the range of earthy colors available for sale has everything to do with how the leaves are harvested and dried. Kratom is traditionally categorized based on the color of its leaves.
Kratom resin is a more concentrated form of Kratom that isn’t for everybody. It requires both knowledge and effort to produce, and it’s far harder to find the right serving size than conventional Kratom products. For these reasons we recommend that new consumers stick with traditional Kratom powder.
That disclaimer aside…let’s take a close look at the perfect product for Kratom connoisseurs: Kratom resin.
What is Kratom Resin?
Kratom resin is a type of Kratom extract. While there are several types of extracts, Kratom resin stands out. It’s thick, sticky, and dense.
What is Kratom resin made of? It’s basically a processed, concentrated form of Kratom’s best alkaloids and other bioactive compounds. Since these compounds are what give Kratom its characteristic effects, Kratom resin is powerful.
How to tell how concentrated your Kratom Resin is
The strength of Kratom resin is generally pretty difficult to quantify. Why? Because Kratom resin is usually made at home — and not many people have an analytical lab laying around nearby!
Instead of being measured in absolute amounts, Kratom resin is usually measured in multiples compared to its original form. You might see labels that say things like ‘8 x Kratom Resin’ (8 times more concentrated than the original) or ‘20 x Resin’ (20 times more concentrated than the original). And by “more concentrated” we mean more alkaloids.
Here’s a real-life example. If a pound of Kratom powder goes into the making of 2 ounces of concentrated Kratom resin, the final product would be an ‘8 x Kratom Resin.’
How to use Kratom Resin
One of Kratom resin’s strongest points is its versatility. It can be taken in a variety of ways: orally, in juice, in capsules, or mixed with a favorite hot beverage.
The heat of beverages like coffee or tea allows the Kratom resin to melt and fully dissolve. And because resin’s alkaloids have already been ‘activated’ by heat, you don’t need to take any time to heat or prepare resin-infused beverages! That’s another benefit of resin — it makes preparing Kratom simple and easy.
How to make Kratom Resin (at home!)
Making Kratom resin at home might sound like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite easy.
Once you’ve gone through the production process once or twice you’ll probably feel comfortable enough to set things on autopilot.
Kratom resin ingredients list:
- ➡ Premium Kratom Powder
- ➡ Accurate kitchen scale
- ➡ Lemon juice or lime juice
- ➡ Water
- ➡ Mixing bowl
- ➡ Coffee filters/cheesecloth
- ➡ Freezer, stove-top, and oven
- ➡ Access to freezer, stovetop, and oven
- ➡ Extra container (for the finished product)
How to make Kratom Resin (step-by-step)
Part I: Steep and Freeze
- 1.) Measure out a large quantity of Kratom powder on your kitchen scale.
- 2.) Note its weight — you’ll need this figure later.
- 3.) Add the powder to your mixing bowl.
- 4.) Add water until the Kratom powder is completely covered.
- 5.) Mix the Kratom powder and water.
- 6.) Add your lemon/lime juice.
- 7.) Cover the mixture and let it steep.
- 8.) Leave the mixing bowl in the freezer overnight, allowing it to freeze.
Part 2: Boil and Simmer
- 1.) Bring water to a boil, then dump the frozen mixture into the boiling water.
- 2.) Add additional lemon or lime juice to the water.
- 3.) Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer.
- 4.) Once about 1/4 of the liquid has evaporated, remove the mixture from heat.
- 5.) Once cool, strain the mixture and place it back in your mixing bowl. At this point, you should have a wettish powder suspended in some liquid.
Part 3: Bake at Low Temp
- 1.) Set your oven at 175 degrees Fahrenheit and wait until it’s preheated.
- 2.) Place the saucepan mixture into a small oven-friendly dish and put in the oven.
- 3.) After about 30 minutes, you should be left with a concentrated Kratom resin. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 4.) Transfer your Kratom resin into a new container and measure its weight.
- 5.) Compare the weight of your original Kratom powder with the weight of your final product to get an idea of the concentration.
- 6.) Enjoy your premium quality, homemade Kratom resin!
If making your own Kratom resin sounds like too much work, check out our Kratom extract products. We have a variety of different extracts to choose from, all with their own unique composition and alkaloid profile.